The funeral

I don't know that I am up for sharing my experience at the funeral just yet.  The main reason is that the day was not about my mom.  It became about my dad.  And I am angry.  I am frustrated.  I am disappointed but not surprised.

For those who were there, I am so grateful.  For those who sent thoughts, energy, prayers, and love from afar, I am so grateful.

Seeing people I haven't seen in 25 years was surreal.  Seeing my mom's brother and family I hadn't seen in the same amount of time was odd and sad.

Sean did an incredible service.  I spoke.  It was sad, funny, and sad again.

The luncheon was fine.  Weird.

I hate funerals.  Christy said that I hate them more than most people.  I think she is right.

It wasn't a good-bye.  It was a formality.

People were good to me, good to Christy and I.  Good to Johnny.  Good to one another.  And that was positive.


Comments

Popular Posts