RA Sucks out loud


I have not felt this bad since I was first diagnosed and before we found some treatments that helped. The hip injection made the hip pain worse, not better.  I am using my walking stick, AKA Big Red, to help me stand from a sitting position because it hurts so much that I can't do it without leverage.  I am exhausted and frustrated.  I was supposed to bring the prednisone down, but when I did I was really struggling so I increased again.

I haven't done yoga in weeks.

I am sleeping a ton but do not feel rested.

I have pain every day, and not just the regular 3/10...this is 7-8/10.

I feel like I am complaining all the time.  I feel like I am no fun.

Last weekend, I forced myself to be social.  We hung out with friends on Friday night for dinner and a movie then had friends over for lunch on Saturday.  I am so glad to have seen friends and laughed and had fun, but then I napped 3 hours Saturday and slept until 1:30 on Sunday.  I took a vacation day on Monday and tried to read...ended up falling asleep for a few hours.

Work is exhausting.  Focusing and being productive on 20-30mg prednisone while still having pain is really challenging.

Friday we are increasing my Remicade, thank god. I know it may not make a difference but I am figuratively crossing my fingers that it does.  Other biologics that worked for me initially failed after 2 years.  I have been on Remicade three years now...

I am working to live mindfully and not jump to the scary place.


Comments

Popular Posts